Get ready for winter!
It’s time to get prepared to stay well and warm this winter. The Government has published top tips to help you stay well and avoid unnecessary illness.
If you're worried about a relative or an elderly neighbour, contact your local council or call Age UK Merton on 020 8648 5792 and find out more about their Winter Warmth and Wellbeing Programme.
Key tips include:
- Keep your home warm. Around 18-21C (65-70F) in your main living areas
- Eat well. Food is a vital source of energy, which helps to keep your body warm
- Keep warm indoors and out. Wrap up and layer your clothing to stay warm
- Get your free flu jab. Call your doctor to find out if your eligible for a free flu jab
- Get your home ready for winter. Get heating and cooking appliances checked
- Ensure you always have enough food and medicines to last at least a few days
- Check on older neighbours or relatives to make sure they're safe and well
For more information about staying well in winter please visit the live well section of the NHS website: www.nhs.uk