Healthwatch Merton Operational Committee
We’ve recently made some changes to the way Healthwatch Merton is organised and managed and have set up an ‘Operational Committee’ to enable us to involve more local people in the running of the organisation and make our proceedings more transparent and accountable.
We’ve been successful in recruiting a solid core of Committee Members. However, we need more people to join us to help make sure that we have the right skills and capacity to enable Healthwatch Merton to build upon its current momentum and extend its activities. We are looking for local people with an interest in health and/or social care, who feel that they can make a contribution to the future of Healthwatch Merton. We are also looking for representatives from Merton’s voluntary, community and faith organisations. The Operational Committee meetings are held every two months, in Vestry Hall in Mitcham.
HWMOC Membership will be as follows:
- Chair of HWMOC will be the HWM Independent Chair
- Four places on the HWMOC are allocated to representatives from Merton’s voluntary, community and faith organisations selected through an open nomination process
- Four places on HWMOC are allocated to residents of Merton selected through an open recruitment process
- HWM Manager; Representation of at least 1 trustee appointed by the MVSC board and no more than 3 MVSC trustees; The MVSC CEO will sit on the committee as an advisor - without voting rights
Nomination and selection process:
- Merton’s voluntary, community and faith organisations: Nomination applications are invited from people who are members of a Merton based voluntary, community and faith organisations. Application will be by CV to include covering letter from voluntary, community and faith organisations to confirm they are nominating you on their behalf plus an accompanying statement (no more than 2 A4 sides) explaining your interest, motivation in applying and demonstrating how you meet the eligibility and person specification.
For further information about the Healthwatch Merton Operational Committee vacancies please contact us on 020 8685 2282 or email email@example.com