Resources to help you make a complaint

We know that making a complaint about NHS or social care services can be confusing.

We have worked with Citizens Advice to provide you with the information you need to make a complaint when things go wrong.

You can also contact us to find out how to get help with making your complaint.

VoiceAbility Offer Independent Health Complaints Advocacy services to Merton residents.  T:  0300 303 1660

PALS (Patient Advice and Liaison Service)
St Helier T:020 8296 2508  E:
St George's T:020 8725 2453 E:
South West London and St George's Mental Health Trust T: 0203 513 6150 E:

Adult Social Care - you need to contact Merton Council
P:The Complaints Team, Merton Civic Centre, London Road, Morden, SM4 5DX.
T: 020 8545 3060 (weekdays 9am to 5pm)

Tips and tools for making a complaint

Adult social care complaints

Practical help you can use to make a complaint about adult social care services, including flowcharts, helpful tips and sample letters.

Find out more

Complaints about NHS services

Information on how to complain on behalf of someone else, top tips for making a complaint and sample letters. 

Find out more

GP complaints

Find out where to start if you have a problem with your GP. 

Find out more

NHS dentist complaints

Find out how to make a complaint about NHS dental care.

Find out more

NHS Hospital complaints

This information applies to all patients in NHS hospitals. It also applies if you're being treated in a private hospital when the treatment is funded by the NHS.

Find out more

Mental health services complaints

If you’re unhappy about your treatment for a mental health problem, you may be able to make a complaint. 

Find out more

Other NHS services

NHS care is usually very good and most people don’t have any problems. But occasionally things can go wrong. Find out more about complaints about other services.

Find out more


Find out information about how a staff member can report a problem in the NHS or an adult social care service

Find out more