Who we are and what we do
Healthwatch is the consumer champion for health and social care in England. Here to give children, young people and adults a powerful voice – making sure their views and experiences are heard by those who run, plan and regulate health and social care services. By making sure the views and experiences of all people who use services are taken into account, we can help make services better now and in the future. Healthwatch actively seeks views from all sections of the community, especially from those who sometimes struggle to be heard and not just from those who shout the loudest. We also encourage health and social care providers, regulators and planners to hear directly from people themselves.
How we work
Healthwatch Merton works to help local people get the best out of their local health and social care services. Whether it's improving them today or helping shape them for tomorrow. It’s all about voices being able to influence the delivery and design of local services, not just for people who need to use them now, but anyone who might need to in future.
Healthwatch Merton will play a role nationally through Healthwatch England and at a local level as one of the 152 community focused local Healthwatch. Together we form the Healthwatch network, working closely to ensure consumers’ views are represented nationally and locally.
Merton Council awarded the Healthwatch Merton contract to MVSC because of their excellent local knowledge. MVSC is based in the borough and already engage on a daily basis with the many diverse communities in Merton. Their experience and knowledge about health and social care services working within Merton is also another strong quality.
People's views come first - especially those who find it hardest to be heard. We champion what matters to you and work with others to find ideas that work. We are independent and committed to making the biggest difference to you. We are here to:
- Gather the views and experiences of local people on the way services are delivered
- Help you to shape and improve the services you use by influencing the way services are designed and delivered based on evidence gained from you
- Engage with people in our locally and inclusively. We want to hear from people across every part of your community
- Keep you up to date with our work through regular newsletters and updates
- Provide information and advice about local health and social care services
- Influence how services are set up and commissioned by having a seat on the local Health and Wellbeing Board
- Pass information and recommendations to other local Healthwatch, Healthwatch England and the Care Quality Commission.