Coronavirus Support in Merton
Merton Voluntary Service Council (MVSC) is working with the voluntary sector in the borough to mobilise a volunteer taskforce to help isolated households and those at risk from COVID-19. Anyone who puts themselves forward may be asked to support people who are currently unable to leave their home.
How Do I Get Help?
If a person requires help, you can ask them to email email@example.com or call 020 8685 2272
How Do I Volunteer?
If you are able to volunteer, or know anyone that wants to volunteer, please contact the volunteer taskforce at firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteers will be partnered with key groups who will allocate you to tasks which may include:
- Shopping/basic provision parcel delivery
- Prescription/medication collection
- Dog walking
- Electricity/gas pre- payment card top-up
- A telephone call or keeping in touch
- Posting letters
Volunteers must take the following steps to make sure you do not contribute to the spread of coronavirus:
- If you feel unwell, do not volunteer to help others who are self-isolating
- Wash your hands regularly, especially before and after you deliver any items to a person in isolation
- Stay 2 meters away from the person who is in isolation
- Be careful about how you share personal information about yourself and other people
- Try to support people who live close to you to avoid travelling long distances
- Follow public health guidance on self-isolating yourself and your family
The Merton Giving Coronavirus Fund
The Fund will provide monetary grants to charities working locally to help support volunteers to help isolated households and those at risk from COVID-19. You can give online here.