Merton's community and voluntary sector continue to adapt and serve residents during this time. Below are links to some of those organisations updates and changes to service:-
- Carers Support Merton support unpaid carers across Merton
- Age UK Merton supporting people aged 50+ across Merton
- Merton Centre of Independent Living offering services for disabled and deaf people across Merton
- Merton Mencap providing support and services for children, young people and adults with a learning disability and their family carers in the London Borough of Merton
- South West London Law Centre help local people to access justice and uphold their rights, by providing specialist legal advice on debt, housing, employment, benefits and immigration
- South London and Refugee Association working with people from the refugee and asylum seeker communities that include Merton residents.
Sustainable Merton through weekly online Zoom video chats, have created a space for local people to connect, chat, share positive stories, and learn about a variety of topics.
Off The Record Support young people aged 11-25 years. They have tweaked some of their services to include an extended online service and telephone counselling
African Educational Cultural Health Organisation (AECHO) AECHO has set up access to support for anyone that is feeling worried, afraid or lonely during the COVID-19 pandemic. If you would like to talk to someone who speaks your language, understands your culture and perhaps shares some of your life’s experiences, then please call 0208 648 5405 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Avanti Health and Wellbeing CIC offers services for individuals and groups with mental health needs are offering zoom sessions and telephone support.
- Wimbledon Guild are offering a wide, fun and exciting remote programme.
- WDP - Offer a free and confidential treatment and support for individuals and their families affected by drug and alcohol problems and have adapted services during this time.
- Other Projects/Services Coming Soon find out what some of the organisations, who have been awarded funds through the Merton Giving Coronavirus Fund, are planning to offer during this time.
If you need other information about other community groups supporting people across Merton please get in touch.