Dermatology patients needed for new Patient Panel
The Dermatology Patient Panel at St George's Hospital is a new group that has been set up by patients and clinicians at St George's Hospital for Dermatology patients at the Hospital. The aims of the group are:
- To facilitate good relations between the Dermatology Department at St George’s Hospital and patients by communicating patient experience, interests and concerns and providing feedback to the hospital on current procedures and proposed new developments.
- To work collaboratively and positively with the Dermatology Department to improve services and facilities for patients and to act as a sounding board for Dermatology staff on issues affecting patients.
- To build two-way communication and co-operation between the Dermatology Department and patients, other individuals and organisations in healthcare, and the wider community to the mutual benefit of all.
- To act as a representative group to support the Dermatology Department and influence local provision of healthcare.
- To organise regular presentations by healthcare professionals for the promotion of good health, preventative medicine and higher levels of health literacy
Meetings take place every two months at St George's Hospital. Representatives of the group say that they are "looking for community-minded individuals who are dermatology patients at St George's or Queen Mary's Roehampton, and who want to make a difference for patients with dermatological diseases attending our hospital."
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest.