Between 23 October 2015 and 7 December 2015 Merton Council ran a consultation exercise about how, and from where, they aim to achieve the 2016/17 proposed cuts of £5.06 million to be implemented in 2016-17.
We ran six focus groups and spoke with a total of 72 people who attended them to get their views.
- People don’t feel they can influence the decision-making process
- People’s physical health will worsen
- Disabled and older people will be made vulnerable
- Existing Services are seen as important, but already of reduced quality
- To urgently review and reduce the scale of cuts proposed for ASC
- To facilitate connections between decision-makers and affected residents
- To commission an independent report into understanding the impact of cuts